Welcome to Provo Peaks Elementary
Provo Peaks Stem Fair will be held February 12, 2019. STEM Fair forms were sent home for 5th and 6th graders. Please read through them carefully, fill them out completely, including signatures, and then return them to your teachers. Your project needs to be registered online by February 11, 2019.
(Picking a project, keeping a lab notebook)
Display Board Examples
Tip of the Week #7
Mrs. Biggs helps us understand how beneficial a clipboard and a pencil can be. Your child can win a prize from Mr. Burge if you watch till the end and read the challenge.
Tip of the Week #6
Ms. Hilton explains the benefits of a visual schedule for your children! This is such a fun and brilliant idea to help your child with their daily schedule. Watch the whole video so you can see how your child can win a prize from Mr. Burge!
Early Out December 20th
Tip of the Week #5
1st grade teachers show you a website that you can use to help your children read at home. Watch till the end for a prize!
Tip of the Week #4
Make sure you pay attention to what Mr. Burge is saying! Watch it twice if you are distracted the first time :)
Provo School District Snow Procedures
As we move into the winter season, we wanted to remind everyone of the snow procedures for when weather may affect the school day. As in previous years, there are multiple options for adjusting the school day due to weather: below bench bus pickup, 2 hour late start and school cancellation.
As a reminder, the following are the steps that will be followed each morning to determine any action that may need to be taken:
- Beginning the night before, district officials will monitor forecasted weather conditions and begin the process of notifying district personnel of their assignment for the following morning.
- Snow removal crews will be dispatched in the early morning hours to clear parking lots. Please be aware that while crews work overnight on school parking lots throughout the district, if the snow accumulation is non-stop, it is difficult to stay on top of. Our plow drivers work hard to make it to each of our 18 school sites to prepare the parking lots for school.
- Beginning in the early morning hours, district officials will begin discussing road conditions with Provo City. This is valuable information that the district receives from plow drivers across the city.
- A crew of drivers will circulate throughout the city between 4 and 5 a.m. to get a more thorough picture of driving conditions. While we will never be able to see all of the side streets and cul-de-sacs, we should be able to get a bigger view than just the streets traveled by district transportation vehicles.
- The decision will be made to be open or to delay school by 5:30 a.m. Then, by 5:45 a.m., this information will be posted on the district website and on district social media sites. Please be advised that if weather conditions change, a different decision may follow. Should cancellation, late start or below bench pickup be needed, parents will receive a phone call around 6 a.m. to notify them of the change in schedule. We strive to be proactive in our communication: if there seems to be the possibility that people are wondering whether or not school will be in session, we will issue a statement one way or another.
As always, when there is inclement weather, parents are encouraged to do what they feel is in the best interest of their children. Student absences and tardies due to inclement weather will be excused, but we ask that parents still communicate with the school that their child will be absent.
Tip of the Week!
Watch till the end, there is an opportunity for a prize!
Video by David Hullinger
Come Pick up your sticker at the school after Wednesday to help our school raise some money for the students!
Times and Information for the week of Nov 5-Nov 9
Monday: Regular School Hours
Tuesday: Regular School Hours and Picture Retakes
Wednesday: Parent teacher conferences. School is out at 1:30 p.m.
Thursday: Parent teacher conferences. School is out at 1:30 p.m.
Friday: Parent teacher conferences. School is out at 1:30 p.m.
Cultural Celebration Thursday Oct. 25th
CAS Program Testing
Home Reading Program
Video by David Hullinger
Support our School at Cafe Zupas!
If you go eat at Cafe Zupas our school can earn up to 25% back! We are looking to purchase PE equipment and other supplies for our school Thank you!
When: Tuesday, October 9 from 5pm-9pm
Where: 408 W. 2230 N. Provo, UT
Wishtree Family Reading Challenge
We hope you participate as a family!
Box Top Competition
Nuestra competencia Box Top ha comenzado! ¡El último día para entregarlos será el jueves, 27 de septiembre! Ayude a su hijo a encontrar las tapas de las cajas, córtelas, péguelas en el papel de la cabecera (o en cualquier otro papel) que se envió a casa en la mochila de su hijo y se las devolverá a su maestro. Asegúrese de poner el nombre de su hijo y el maestro en su papel. Las clases se han combinado con las clases de Educación Especial y quien obtenga la mayor cantidad de boxtops ganará una fiesta de palomitas de maíz con el Director.
Kindergarten Parent Night
Video by David Hullinger
Please check the flag in between the front doors for air quality
- Green=Outside Recess for all students
- Yellow=Outside Recess for all students, watch students with asthma or other respiratory issues
- Orange=Outside Recess for all students except those with asthma or other respiratory issues
- Red=Inside Recess for all students
- Purple=Inside Recess for all students
Box Tops for Provo Peaks
Parents, we are excited for this promotion and hope that you will participate with us to raise some money for our wonderful teachers!
Provo Park and Recreation Tree Planting at Provo Peaks
We teamed up with the Provo Parks and Recreation department to plant some trees! We wanted to give back to the environment for all the paper we use and also understand how much work and effort goes into planting and growing trees. Thank you to all who came and Mrs. Farnes for coordinating it all!
Back to School Night
We had everyone participating in the Olympics Friday! Thank you to all the visitors and those who were athletes, cheerleaders, and volunteers!
Fishing Day at Salem Pond
We love fishing day here at Provo Peaks! There were some very LARGE fish to catch! Clayton caught a 3 lb. fish with Mrs. Amber.
Also, Special Olympics is tomorrow, May 11th at 9:30 AM!
Battle of the Books WINNERS!
District Battle of the Books took place April 11, 2018 at Provo Peaks, and we are so proud of our Pumas! 5th and 6th grade took 3rd, and 3rd and 4th graders took FIRST!
"Don't Judge me by my successes, judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again" ~Nelson Mandela
Learning Pit Assemblies are when the students get to hear from a special guest and learn more about the growth mindset and how the learning pit is beneficial to them as they learn how to get out of it and improve. Here are a few pictures from today's assembly!
Dr. Seuss's Birthday!
We had so much fun celebrating Dr. Seuss's birthday today with hats, pajamas, read-a-thins, whiskers, and Miss Kool-Aid days, Nikki-Catrina Anderson, who came to read with the students!
The festivity has begun with santa hats, Christmas carols, and of course Provo Peaks Christmas Programs!
Veterans Day Lunch
Thank you to all the Veterans, and those who came to eat lunch at our school!
Disability Awareness Week
Mrs. Peterson's class wearing their hats and sunglasses for hearing and vision impairment day.
Ricardo Medina and Sebastian Perez wearing blue for Autism Day!
Mrs. Daley's Pirates in celebration of everyone's strengths.